Tuesday, June 20, 2006

bella roma

Friday morning I took off for Rome. With two days and so much to see there was no way to do it all. I was able to walk past, or run in some cases, just about everything I wanted - but there was no real timeto go inside or to tour anything. We were staying in a friends apartment that is just over the Tiber River from St. Peter's.

I was able to get to the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon, the Coliseum, the Vatican, and a couple of nice little neighborhoods.I found the food in Rome to be better than the food in Florence. We had a few nice dinners while we were there, and evengot to be involved in a tiny riot - just like being in Boston. We were out in Rome after the Italia-US soccer game (where they tied) and it was similar to Kenmore Square in Boston. The police did come to break up the excitement and sent everyone home. It was a touch scary, but mostly comforting to see that no matter where you are in the world people can be so passionate about their sports!


GO SOX! (i noticed the swept over the weekend!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures...everything is so freaking beautiful. My last day of school was today so now I can devote my time to reading your blog. So keep 'em coming!