Wednesday, June 14, 2006

duomo


My apartment in Florence is right near Duomo. It's an intricate and ornate cathedrale that looks totally out of place in the middle of this piazza. It's beautiful. This picture of Duomo was taken from the rooftop of the Astoria hotel, where we have become regulars. We were there two nights in a row for a bit, last night with everyone that works in the center. It's got a great view!






This morning we tried to go and do some sight-seeing, and not science, but the lines were too long to go in and see David (since we had to leave some room for science) so instead we walked around the streets a little. Florence is a city, but much of the area feels like this quaint little town. it's very nice.

I also had my first gelato today - I know three days in Italy, no gelato. But, boy was it good. I choose coconut...yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So jealous! I want to be there with you. It looks beautiful. I would also like to break the alternative eating plan and have some gelato!

hol

Anonymous said...

Coconut gelato?! YUM! Can you bring some back for me? Jenni, your pictures so far are gorgeous! I'm glad that you're having fun between work-related stuff, and I can't wait to see more!