Friday, June 30, 2006

picture it

I was forced to check out of my hotel today at 3pm. I was not leaving for dinner until 5:45, and not leaving for the airport until 9pm. They nicely held my bags, and there was a place to shower after using the pool - so I spent a few hours pool side, showered, and now had 20 minutes before I needed to leave. So I sat with a drink and my French Glamour magazine to kill the time. From across the hotel lobby I spied something on the TV. COULD IT BE? That familiar pattern of green and brown. white and red. grey and blue. and then in all it's glory - that BIG GREEN MONSTER! ESPN was showing a red sox mets game. OH MY! I practically RAN across the lobby, knocked down a very confused group of Japanese tourists and parked it in front of the TV. There they were - Schill, Tek, Youk, Lowell - it was maybe the most beautiful thing I've seen in weeks. For those of you who know me, you know I am only exaggerating a *tad*. I mean, Duomo, Campo, the Coliseum, the Pantheon, the Merlion, they've all been wonderful. But, the Boston Red Sox. come on now, does it get better than this? (oh, and string instrument band in the hotel lobby bar is currently playing a classical rendition of EVERY SINGLE disney song!) Hakuna Matata!

No comments: