Tuesday, October 17, 2006

odorific

I spent this past weekend in NYC. I decided to risk the Fung-Wah, which goes from Chinatown in Boston (south station) to Chinatown in NYC. Yes, this is the same bus that has flipped over, caught fire, and other unheard of accidents, but it's only $15. Awesome. Now, I was heading down there on Friday the 13th, really, a gamble with my life. The night before I laid out my bubble wrap suit, my helmet, mouth guard, and other protective attire. But - I suppressed the urge to actually put it on in the morning.

I had purchased my ticket and was on the bus within 5 minutes of arriving at South Station, and off to NYC I went. The right down was great. I slept, I read, I listened to music. We stopped at a rest stop where I ate my packed lunch on a picnic table. The whole ride took about 4.5 hours. Super!

On Sunday, I made my way from the Upper West Side down to Chinatown, and had to first walk past the Lucky Star stop. This is also a Chinatown-Chinatown bus, and $15. They were boarding as I passed, so I bought my ticket and got on. This time we stopped at a Chinese Buffet for a rest stop. Which sounds great, because you could buy lunch. But - a bus load of people eating Chinese take-out - that? that is a HORRIBLE idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greyhound is $15 too. After Fung-wah got too scary we started takng it.