Thursday, November 16, 2006

i'm a bree

my downstairs neighbors have been expecting a baby - she was due on Nov. 8th, but was late. The plan was that if she didn't deliver by the 15th she'd go in and they would induce labor. I happened to see her on Tuesday night, so we spoke a little bit about how excited and nervous they were. She said "I'm getting less and less nervous for the labor and more and more nervous that we are going to come home with a baby!" On Wednesday I thought of them at one point...wondering if they had a new daughter yet. Thinking how exciting it would be to bring her home with them. And my next thought was -- and I don't know where this came from, really...I don't -- I wondered if they had cleaned their house before they went to have a baby. Not cleaned their house in the baby-proof-set-up-a-nursery-buy-baby-furniture way, but like, do the dishes and the laundry. I'm not sure why I thought this was important, it's not like they are having a house guest...they are having a daughter - and she certainly wont care if they are a day or two behind on dishes.

No comments: