Sunday, August 26, 2007

shop-a-holic

I went to IKEA today. I dreaded it a little, there's been a lot of shopping lately. That, and, I'm incapable of making decisions. I don't even know what I like anymore. But, I went. And after waiting to return a silverware drawer tray that was too big (for a $2.15 store credit) I began the tour.

At one point, I walked through a living room set-up, and into a kitchen. (No table, darn.) On through the bedroom. Where there is a man. under the covers of the bed. reading a book.

I was startled, and clearly confused. I said "Oh, I'm sorry!" and turned around to walk to the bathroom set-up. Once there, I realized what I had done. I mean, I definitely felt like I walked in on someone napping in their bedroom, but this was IKEA. And then I became aware of the fact that I had apologized for it, and walked away. Into the bathroom. Which was a dead end. I pretended to look around while I planned my escape. The only thing I could do was go back out through the bedroom. And that guy had the nerve to glare at me over his book my whole way through his room.
in IKEA.

No comments: