Wednesday, August 08, 2007

ultimate adhd

This morning I dropped my parents off at the airport (and by "dropped off" I mean, said good-bye to them in the parking lot of their hotel, handed them a map to the airport, and said good luck!) It sounds cruel, let me repaint the picture - they had a rental car to return, and this entire interaction took place through streams of tears! So, I'm not heartless, quite the contrary!

The rest of the day has fabulous activities planned, like laundry, grocery shopping and unpacking. I'm drifting somewhere between unmotivated and restless. There is so much to do, but I keep distracting myself from one task, with another. So it goes something like this:

I get up to go check my laundry in the dryer. I see a pile of Mia's things that can be put away. I pick some up and bring them to a cabinet (intending to go and get the rest). Once in the kitchen I notice that I can move the trash bag closer to the front door. I do that. Then I remember I was going to check my laundry, so out I go. Back in I see the rest of the pile of Mia's stuff, and also some shoes. Where to put shoes? Off to my closet to see where the shoes should go. On my way, I see the bathroom...did I spray Tilex in the shower today? I don't think so. Hmmm, the Tilex is in the kitchen, I should move that. On the way to the kitchen I see Mia's stuff, grab some and put it away. Now, why was I in the kitchen? Back to my room. Oh, Tilex. To the kitchen.

That whole process took about 35 minutes and accomplished putting away two of Mia's things. I'm basically running around in circles, and it can not be the most efficient way to do things. can. not.

I think the laundry is done, which now means it's time for the grocery store - oh joy. I'm going to go there without a list and see what it is I think I need, which is a horrible idea. But at least at the grocery store I can go up and down the aisles in order - instead of run in circles. It'll be a nice change.

and, I never Tilexed the tub. damn.

No comments: