Friday, December 21, 2007

how quickly you forget

In my 28 winters I've spent 18 of them in RI, 8 of them in MA, 1 in DC, and now 1 in TX. Point being, I'm not immune to New England winters, by ANY stretch of the imagination. And here I am, back, before winter even started. It feels appropriate to make a list of things I forgot I hated about winter:

1. shoveling
2. static shocks
3. dry skin
4. chapped lips
5. when the windows in your car fog up no matter what setting/temperature you set the heat to
6. cold toes
7. runny nose
8. shoveling
9. having to start the car before you drive anywhere
10. wet socks
11. wet bottom-of-your-pant-legs
12. wind burn
13. cold fingers
14. shortages on rock salt
15. cold nose
16. shortages on ice scrappers
17. snow banks...
18. ...that aren't frozen enough to support your weight
19. NOT ENOUGH PAIRS OF SOCKS
20. is there sun here?

I've been in TX for only a few months, but I've gotten used to open toed shoes and being warm. And....well...I like it. Ok? I like Texas. I do. And....

(it's cold in New England.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

28! Holy crud you're old.