Thursday, January 03, 2008

she said I think I'll go to Boston...

Perhaps the perfect few days were spent in Boston - so perfect it's like I never left. There were many scenes straight out of my old life: sitting on the couch with Stacey, both of us in our PJs, drinking diet coke, playing with a crazy cat, with an SVU marathon on in the background - I mean, that could easily have been one of a thousand weekends over the past few years; hanging out at Chris and Allison's playing crazy games around the coffee table, laughter abounds...only thing missing was the boot; procrastinating with a.y., complete with a perfect New Year's brunch, appropriately fitting soundtrack - a wonderfully procrastinated start to '08; a morning of cooking in the kitchen with Mel and a little RR!; and, of course, gossip in Charlestown with my SBF. Man, I've missed this place.

But I had many firsts too! Thanks to Vihann and Julie for classing up my act, taking me to Shabu-Zen for hot-pot, where I managed to use chopsticks for the first time, and did not spill on my white pants. For further class, champagne at symphony hall watching the Boston Pops was perhaps the most fun show I've seen in a while. And Emily and I braved the fancy-pants new wing of the Natick Mall (or whatever they call it now) walking through some really festive trees. And, thanks to a.y. I saw many great fireworks in Boston, both at the common and over the harbor. All in all, a great bunch of new memories from my favorite city.

Now, back to work.

No comments: