Thursday, February 21, 2008

Please, prepare for take-off!

Lately there has been lots of flight searching going on. Flights for a trip I hope to make in the future, flights for a trip I tried to make in the past. Flights for people to come here, flights for people to go elsewhere. Every time it's flight-scheduling-time I get incredibly overwhelmed. There are so many options, its so expensive, and comparison shopping is nearly impossible. And somehow I'm always in the dark about where to look. So I thought I'd ask - how do y'all find flights?

I know of travelocity, orbitz, and expedia. And priceline, and hotwire. I've had the most luck with Orbitz (out of those). Sometime in the last year and a half, my mom introduced me to kayak.com, which has been my stand-by since then. Just last week I was introduced to onetravel.com - and actually found a cheaper flight than I did on kayak! (One caveat, kayak shows the prices with all the fees, onetravel does not. Same with orbitz, no fees...except in teeny tiny print!) And today, travelzoo.com - which, btw, has announced that many airlines have dropped their winter/spring rates and discounts are being seen out of Boston.

So, my question is this - how do you find flights? what's your favorite? where should I look? Please, comment away!!

3 comments:

C.Pacheco said...

Jenni,

I do use Kayak, and some of the others. But, in the end, I always go directly to the airline site. Usually, I can find it for a few bucks cheaper than travelocity and expedia. It seems that the charge a fee for their service - I understand. But, if I can avoid the fee - why not!!

Just thought I would share.

Mom

nanio said...

I travel exclusively by boxcar.

A said...

cheaptickets.com is always cheaper than everything else.

Also these are informative informative:
http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/minis/mini/planetixmini/planetixmini2.html

www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/planetix/planetix.html