Wednesday, September 10, 2008

a new world order

So, I woke up yesterday morning.  

Which I guess means the world didn't end.  I was surprised by how unexcited I was to find this out.  I mean, not that I'm for the destruction of the universe, but it certainly would have made some of my stressors go away (unread papers, crap-for-data, odds stacked against me for graduating anytime soon).  After another day of dealing with these issues, I decided that the non-apocalyptic state of current affairs was calling for a fresh new outlook on life.  Allow me to introduce you to the "A glass half full is better than a glass quarter full" way of life.  It goes something like this:

Finding an error in your data a week before your presentation is better than NOT finding the error.
Graduating in ten years is better than NOT graduating.
Running a crappy 2.5 miles in 30 minutes is better than NOT running 2.5 miles.
The Red Sox falling a game further out of first place is better than the Red Sox falling a game further out of wild card.

I mean, some people might call this Cognitive Restructuring, but it works!  I'm going to write a book about it, and sell it, for lots of money.  Because writing a book for money is better than not having money.

No comments: