Saturday, October 04, 2008

Didn't Leave Nobody But The Baby

I drove by Zilker Park today, there was a group of people playing soccer, a pretty typical scene.  Although not even a week ago that spot was where the AMD stage for this years ACL festival was located.  Looking at an empty Zilker today I was really in awe of the transformation it underwent.  

Last weekend a record-breaking crowd* poured into Zilker for three days full of music.  NH has done a better job than I will of detailing the three days.  I will say, it was a fun time.  Despite the heat, the crowds, the invasive dust-bowl, the too much beer, the not enough water, and the growing grumpiness that being hot and tired brings, I had a blast.  I was glad to spend the few days with some friends who had come in from out of town, and with some Austin friends who were totally down for hanging out (as opposed to the other crew who hid indoors for three days!)  
The natural question is to ask what my favorite show was, and it's hard to say.  I can break it down better this way...

favorite show to collect recyclables to (simultaneously saving the planet and earning a free t-shirt): Hot Chip
favorite new show that was highly recommended: The Black Keys
favorite non-stop party: Manu Chao
favorite female artist: Gillian Welch
favorite group to sit on the ground to listen to: Blues Traveler
favorite strung out on heroin goup: The Raconteurs

Although, there were so many others.  I'm tired just trying to remember them!





*I heard someone say 300,000 people, but then I'm fairly certain the had no idea what they were saying.

No comments: