Sunday, May 28, 2006

art may imitate life, but life imitates tv

Last Sunday I went with a friend of mine to see Billy Joel's Moving Out. The show was great, fabulous even. After the show we were at the T stop waiting for our train and I was leafing through the program. I mean, I was in heaven, all the cute little dancers! The first guy in the program - one of the main characters, Eddie - was one of my favorites and of course his bio was adorable. "grew up milking cows in Idaho." This made me chuckle and I turned to read it out to my friend so I could gush about my little dancer crush. It was only then that I realized, out of all things totally bizarre, that this exact dancer was standing behind me in the T station, with his Moving Out jacket and a baggie of ice on his hand. seriously?! He got on the same train as us and got off a few stops later. I kept wanting to say something to him, but hadn't he just caught me reading his profile from the program I was still clutching in my hands?

somedays I do feel like Grace Adler.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am that friend. . . how lucky we were, Jenni! And there we were wavin' (Brenda) and Eddie goodbye. . . at Longwood.