Friday, June 09, 2006

monsoon

I was out at dinner last night, and it turned into a late night. When I left the restaurant a little voice in my head said - maybe you should go to the bathroom before you go. But no, I was too excited about the conversation going on to listen to that voice. So by the time I got to the train station and was waiting for my bus home, and I had to pee, BAD! Luckily I only have a ten minute bus ride home. waiting waiting waiting, and the bus comes pretty quickly actually. I'm hopeful, because I can handle this while I'm on the bus - and after the bus it's only a three block walk. Totally do-able.

until.

the bus comes to a screeching halt. My bus was one of those with the wires above it that semi-control where it goes. So now, bam, we're stopped. 12:30am. need to pee. The driver goes out for a few minutes and I'm desperately looking around for a gas station or a patch of grass. Anything at this point. Then the driver climbs back on the bus and informs us that "a piece of the bus is simply missing, and that's why we've stopped" MISSING?! Yep, it's just gone. vanished. So we have to get out and wait for the next bus. waiting waiting waiting. I guess it didn't take that long. When we get on the new bus I'm about to die from kidney failure. My stop is only three away - i can make it i can make it.

Off the bus, hopeful once again. But it was the three block walk that got me. It's been raining here since March, so every street drain was RUSHING, and all the house perpetually have this running-water soundtrack to them. And there were even three houses that appeared to be leaking LARGE amount of water on to the side walk. It was severe torture. By the time I had reached my street I was carrying my shoes (boots with tall heels) and socks and running down the road as fast as I could - keys out, ready to go.

thank god it was so late, because I didn't have time to shut the bathroom door and I'm sure my roommate would not have appreciated the show!

No comments: