Sunday, July 23, 2006

cupcakes

I heard the best advertisement on the radio today - it was one of these anti-marijuana ones, but I think we're stretching it a little bit here. (I'm glad I get to type this because when I tried recounting it this afternoon to my friend Jess I messed it all up because I was laughing too much)

Here's how it went.

Girl (in a very serious voice):"A week ago my friend Amanda told me to smoke pot, and I did. Two minutes ago she told me to shoplift and now I'm here with a cupcake and frosting down my pants and it doesn't want to stay there. The store manager keeps looking at me, like he knows something."
Store Manager (sounding kinda gruff): "excuse me girls, can I help you"
Announcer: "Live above the influence..."

I'm sure the announcer said something else but I couldn't hear it because I was laughing to hard. SERIOUSLY - they said "and now I have a cupcake and frosting down my pants and it doesn't want to stay there". I'm sorry, forget the whole marijuana part, who shoplifts a CUPCAKE? by putting it DOWN THEIR PANTS? Where is this store with cupcakes laying around so that you can easily shove them down your pants? All the stores I know keep the cupcakes safely behind the counter. I never thought of it before, but this is obviously an attempt to keep the potheads from shoving them down their pants!

who is this girl? and as my friend Jess pointed out - why were her parents allowed to procreate?

No comments: