Thursday, August 03, 2006

gold star number two

I went to the dentist this week for a cleaning. Now, if you know me, the dentist is not my favorite thing. They always find something wrong, yell at me for not flossing, make my gums bleed, shove all those tools in my mouth and then sit there and laugh while I drool and spittle all over myself. It's such a confidence boost! Not to mention, the immense pain because I am basically immune to novacaine.

So I went to the dentist and they said I had beautiful teeth. They said my gums were beautiful and it was obvious I was a good flosser (which I am now - thank god for the Reach Access Flosser!). They said my teeth were brilliantly white. And then they said the best thing ever:
"See you in six months!!"

Now, my dentist is great, I really like him (if you are in the Boston area and looking for a dentist I'll give you his name if you want), but he's come out with some choice comments to me over my short 9 months with their office. Here are my two favorites:
"Has anyone ever told you that you have a very powerful tongue?"
"I can imagine how you blind everyone at the bars, the way that fluorescent light must bounce off your front teeth!"

No comments: