Saturday, August 05, 2006

gold star number three

I've been bad at going to the gym lately. real bad. I don't go. I don't wake up. I snooze my alarm. I bring clothes with me to work so I can go on my way home. I don't go. I go right home.

Today is Saturday and instead of sleeping in I got up and went to a class at the gym. I've been wanting to do this class for a while. It's a group weight lifting class - so like an aerobics class, but not cardio...weights. It was awesome. We started the class and the instructor asked if anyone was new to the class. I was slinking around the back of the room, checking out all the equipment everyone else had pulled out so I could know what I would need (a step bench with two steps, a yoga mat, a bar with all these crazy weights...) I raised my hand all cool and non-chalantly, so that no one would know I was knew. Thats when the instructor says, into his microphone "Hi back there, everyone say hi to the one girl who's never done this before. All of you turn around and look at that small blonde girl who is wearing a Saturday Night Live T-shirt and watch as she has no clue which equipment to pull out! Turn! Look!"

Ok, so thats NOT how it happened. I think he just said "Hi" and/or "Welcome to Group Power" - but it felt like "turn and laugh..."

No comments: