Saturday, August 05, 2006

my mia

My cat and I have been together for a while. She was adopted by me and some apartmentmates our senior year in college (2001). She's gone everywhere with me. While I was gone on my trip this summer she stayed at my parents house - which she's done on various occasions before. They used to LOVE having her come over, it is nice to have a pet. Now they have two cats of their own, and while they still like having her come over I'm sure it's less fun because she hides the entire time and when she isn't hiding she's growling or hissing or otherwise making noise to fool the other cats into thinking that she is ferocious and scary. The only time I could take her down there was Memorial Day weekend, so she was gone for over a month. I was afraid that when she came back she'd forget who I am. Or she'd be super mad at me. I think it's clear we are both a little different since my trek around the world - but she's become a lot more considerate of my need to sleep at 4am instead of getting up to shake her food bowl and show her that there is actually plenty of food in it and she has my permission to eat it.

Recently she and I took some pictures of ourselves...see how much she loves me! (it may look like she could care less that I am there, you may even see a hint of annoyance in her eyes...but you have to understand cats...that look means she loves me. It must, I mean, it's the way she always looks at me!)

No comments: