Wednesday, August 16, 2006

pop quiz: the results don't lie

In college I was introduced to the multitude of quizzes available at emode.com Ranging from an IQ test (179), to which TV family are you (the tanners), to which theme song is yours (laverne and shirley), to which pop star are you (christina aquillera), to which n'sync member are you (jc chasez), to are you Jennifer or Angelina (Jennifer - ok, so I took that one two weeks ago!). I could go on and on. But, the one thing I've found...it seems they don't lie.

I took one over and over and over. I remember clearly. It was the "which celebrity hunk is yours?" I took it, with high hopes of Brad Pitt, or Tom Cruise (i promise this was college, when he wasnt a psycho), or even Tom Selleck. And in the end, the anxiety as I waited for my hollywood hunk to be revealed. . . . .

fabio. yep. FABIO. I took it over, and over, and over. Fabio. Fabio. Fabio. And one time, as the page loaded, I noticed that the long flowing hair was not in the picture. It was true. I had gotten a new, real hollywood hunk to call my own.

richard simmons. Now, how he was even an OPTION - I will never understand. No one else I ever knew saw either of these choices. But, leave it to me to trade-up Fabio for Richard Simmons.

Likewise, I've taken the "which desperate housewife are you?" quiz a million times. I just want the shirt that says "I'm a Susan" and I want it to be true. But, no. Everytime...I'm a Bree. BREE. One of these days I'm just waiting for it to say "I'm a Richard Simmons" and thats the day I buy myself the I'm a Susan T-shirt anyway...I'll live the lie, I mean, I'm a Bree!

No comments: