Thursday, September 14, 2006

picasso

I've taken today off from work and will be painting my room. I'll post pictures of my progress, because I think there are some discrepancies out there as to how long this will actually take me.
This here is the paint chip I have taped to the wall.


UPDATE: 7:45am
I'm emptying my room of furniture.

UPDATE: 9:15am
I have taken all the furniture out of my room (except my bed). In the process I found 3 missing socks, 1.36 in change and discovered my latest business adventure. I am going to go into the animal-toupee business. I found enough cat hair to fashion 8 or maybe 9 cat toupees. When I was a child we had a dog, Coco, and she was bald. I will name my new business Coco's Mission, after her.
















I have spackled and taped off the entire room. Now I'm finishing up the sanding and then I will do the first (of many) washes of the floor! And then.....PAINTING.

UPDATE: 11:30am
I have finished the first coat on the first wall - pretty much event free. I of course freaked out that I didn't like the color, it seemed too purple and I wanted it to be more blue...But it's drying bluer and I do like it.

UPDATE: 1:30pm

Walls 2 and 3 are done. And now I'm going to eat lunch!

UPDATE: 3:35pm

The first coat is done on all the walls. I think I've decided to just do the one coat, and simply touch up some spots that need extra rolling. I've done the touch-ups on three walls, but the last one needs to dry more before I get to that. Then I will let it dry for the night, and re-assess the situation in the morning. So, I'm done for day 1!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with that!
painting is fun, wish i was painting instead of being at work right now :)

much love, KC

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.