Tuesday, November 07, 2006

misunderstood

At work today I was on my way back to my desk when three of my co-workers who I haven't seen in a little while were all standing around the hallway chatting. The conversation started with "Jenni, you look like you are in a hurry" (which I was) so I said, "ya, I didn't get here until 11:30 this morning because I had a doctor's appointment, and now there is just so much to do." And then someone made sure to ask if I voted. To which my response was "Yes, I was up early, I went to vote, and then I went and got two shots." The conversation continued for a little while about the elections and then one co-worker interrupted with "what shots did you get?" and another co-worker further questioned "bourbon?" and the third replied "no, tequila?" to which I said - "No, flu!" I guess they all thought that I was slamming them down after voting at 8am.

I'm less concerned that they thought I was at the bar at 8am, and more concerned with the fact that at least two of them thought this was fine and could go unquestioned...

No comments: