Sunday, September 09, 2007

stealth

I just got home from a short trip to the UK this afternoon (more on that later), and after I went grocery shopping I decided there were things I needed to bring to my office at school. Since I now have my access key to the building I can get in after hours, after hours being when I'll get to park right outside. So, at 8:45 pm I headed over there. I carted in:

*6 containers of yogurt
*4 nectarines
*3 pears
*a case of meal replacement drinks
*plastic silverware
*2 24-packs of diet coke (which were on sale for $10 total...amazing)
*4 boxes of books

This took me six trips into the building. I set the alarm off three different times (in two different places). Apparently, when you use the card to get in and then hit the handicap button to open the door (which is useful for when you are carrying heavy boxes), the door does not shut within the 3 second time limit before the alarm goes off. I had to speak to security on two different occasions. Off to a great start. But I've got enough diet coke that I shouldn't need to leave that office for at least two months!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Etiquette and state law posits that the handicapped door is reserved for handicapped use. Did you park in a handicapped space and use the handicapped stall in the bathroom while you were there? Shame! A pox!

Anonymous said...

I always use the big stalls, but just because I've got a wide stance.