Wednesday, April 02, 2008

cry for help

Mia hit rock bottom one night last week. I mean, she had literally been crying for help for a few days, "mmmrrrrrewwww. mmmmmmrrrrrreeeeewwwww! mmmew mmmew mmmmmreeeeewww!" And I do what I can to entertain her, but sweetie - mama's busy. I know you feel ignored, I know you're lonely, but...

That night, I didn't have the heart to stop her, I just let her throw her kitty tantrum. She climbed up on a bookshelf in my room and pushed all the books off. She climbed on to the shelf above, and pushed the random piles of stuff off (Dallas DVDs, notecards, piles of receipts, the like...). It woke me up, of course. I wished she wasn't doing it. But...I didn't stop her. I let her freak out. When she was done, I got up and dragged her onto my bed. I tried to stay awake to pet her, I did. But it was 4am, and I was sleepy. So the petting faded quickly, and she became more angry.

Up on top of my dresser, and down go my glasses, some candles, my cell phone. So again, I pulled her on to the bed. This time, everything fell asleep except for my hand, which made a perpetual petting motion - and seemed to help.

She's been ok since. Although, she's scratching the hell out of my couch. I mean, there are holes in it now. So, that's great. I tried cutting her nails, and she punctured my thigh with a back claw. Tonight I'll try and pull out some old toys that have been in hiding and see if this helps. But really, it's been a battle - and I'm losing.

2 comments:

C.Pacheco said...

Dear Mia,

It seems you have the sounds down correclty. But, please don't move your person's "stuff". Our people certainly don't like that. We have found that if you meow loudly and jump on them repeatedly - well, that gets their attention.

Good Luck,
Your RI Friends,
Pepper and Oliver

forever shaken said...

Punctured thigh? Ouch!! Dallas DVDs!? Double ouch! (haw)

But would getting another feline to keep her company be out of the question? Would that help you or would that just worsen things?

My cats find 'snack21treats' brand dried wild Pacific salmon snacks quite soothing when I've disappointed them somehow. (available at PetCo) So far they've only gotten slightly overweight...