Tuesday, July 01, 2008

we're gonna sip bacardi...

If I had to break things down, I think 26 was my favorite year, although 17 is up there. And 21 was pretty alright too. 23 was definitely the worst. And, where does 27 fit in? Somehow, I think it doesn't. It was a year not like any others. It was marked with change and resistance and growth. A combination I'm not sure I've been able to muster in the past. Instead of marveling over myself though (I do that enough I think), I'd like to take this moment to thank everyone. My family, and my friends - both new and old - for going through this transitional year with me. I feel so incredibly lucky and special today. Before noon this morning I'd heard from friends from high school, college, and grad school. People from Rhode Island, Boston, DC, and Austin. I've heard from people who've known me since I was 12, and people who just met me last month. It's really eye-opening and heart warming to have so many wonderful people share my life with me. So thank you! Here's to 28!

No comments: