Saturday, August 30, 2008

ghetto is the new green

(partial conversation that I had with a friend in the stairwell at school)

me: I ended up at the dollar store last night, and you know what I realized
her: um, what?
me: I am NEVER paying more than a dollar for cleaning supplies again.
her: ?
me: I bought some Comet, for a dollar. Some Dawn, for a dollar. And Resolve, for a dollar! This would have cost me fifteen at Target. Never again, a dollar for everything
her: well...
me: I mean, it has to be the same stuff in that bottle, and hell - the Comet totally made my bath tub sparkle.
her: well, ya, I've been trying to use all environmentally friendly cleaning products lately. I feel better about it.
me: well, I've been trying to buy groceries lately, I feel better when I eat.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! (And I'm TOTALLY finding the closest dollar store. . . I never thought about buying cleaning products there. Brilliant!)

Jenni said...

also, kitchen utensils, and tupperware. Um, and shampoo. I mean...also maybe shirts. Wrapping paper for sure. Can i be a facebook fan of the dollar store, because I'm going to be!