Sunday, August 10, 2008

on the move

It seems that everyone I know is moving. Three of my Austin friends have just moved into new houses, JimBo has moved from NoLA to Hartford, two of my Boston friends have new digs as well. And then, of course, NH is westward ho, and MP is eastward bound (admittedly, I'm much more excited about MP's destination than I am about NH's!) It's been a full year since I made my own cross-country trek, and I find myself re-nesting. When I first got here I would come home every day with something new to hang up, decorate, or further make this place feel like home. And I did a great job. And now, a year later, knowing I'll be staying in this apartment for at least one more year - I find myself doing it again.

It started small, I redid my bed frame, I purchased a new vacuum. Then, last week, Willie Nelson followed me home. Last night I took down my wine glass racks, hung a spice rack, and re-hung the wine glass racks on the other side of the kitchen. Now today, I bought a new plant, a plastic bag organizer, a drawer for the cabinet my pots and pans are in, some storage containers for the bathroom cabinets, and canisters for flour and sugar. My grand plan still has at least two more steps to it, one more financially involved than any so far. But, I am running out of time, summer is quickly coming to an end and I will have to start thinking about school again.

No comments: