Sunday, December 28, 2008

I think I'll miss you most of all, Scarecrow!


Iz in yer beds
Originally uploaded by with an eye
It's been a great holiday week full of family and friends, however I can't help but miss my little pain in the butt. A friend of mine, LD, is watching Mia this week, and I've heard mixed reviews - confirming the diagnosis of probable bi-polarity, definite prissiness. The first day Mia was apparently the model of an affectionate kitty. She was cuddly and sweet, purring and begging to be pet. The very next day she hissed and swatted at poor LD as she tried to play with her. Apparently on yet a third day Mia was just kind of neutral - her usual lazy self, unwilling to get up to chase the laser but ok to move a paw if it came close to her. I wonder what LD is in for today?! Next week a SchoolFriend of mine will be checking in on her brattiness, and hopefully Mia has relaxed a bit and will show a more consistent front this time.

Just before I left she began sleeping on my bed again. She used to, every night. When we lived in Boston, the nights I wasn't home she'd sometimes go find Stacey's room and sleep there. Since we've moved down south Mia has yet to spend the night on my bed. She'll come up and say goodnight at some point, but she won't curl up like before. Until 3 weeks ago. And she was there, at the foot of my bed. And the next night, at the foot of my bed! Hopefully my little holiday vacation hasn't set us back too far. I mean, look at that cuddly face - I don't want another year and a half without her at the foot of my bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard word 1 update about mine. Should I feel guilty having not called in to check?

Jenni said...

I think it's fine that you didn't call to check in, if there were problems you'd have heard - that's why you are paying the big bucks. I'm getting people to volunteer for this job, I don't want them to feel neglected or abandoned.