Tuesday, December 16, 2008

1,949 miles from land* (4eva)

I read about this new book today, based on the blog of two friends who live three thousand one hundred and nintey-one miles apart. They each posted a picture every morning before 10am, for one whole year. And now it's become a book. (btw, don't we wish some other photo blogs could be books??)

I was reminded of that book tonight when I was talking to Allison, and while not a picture blog per say - we had an interesting little chat using ScribLink.  No one else may even care about our whiteboard adventure, but it made me smile.  Somehow it reminded me all at once of crazy conversations with the Stevens-Player clan about "your area of the dance floor" at Rivergods, and maple syrup races at free pancake day, and even a conversation about stenography (which I never did figure out by the way) over poker dice.  I miss those crazy kids!

Our whiteboard of fun:

and a hello from Mr. Player:


*ok, so it should be miles apart, but come ON - I was writing miles apart, and miles from land(4eva) just slipped on out!!  What was my reunion band name, Inches From Ocean?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 eva!

nanio said...

Chris looks like Gargamel.

Jenni said...

I don't really see Gargamel in that picture. I do see that tine 11 is likely to lose (which also means it was likely mine!) Al, do you remember how we claimed tines...I feel there was a process.

nanio said...

Well...

Jenni said...

hmm, there yes, I see it! hah! I had been referencing this picture and it doesn't look like Chris at all.

A said...

Yeah, I think we learned that tine #4 was always the fastest. Or was it #1? All I know is I figured it out and didn't say it for awhile. I just kept choosing that one.