Thursday, June 17, 2010

Good Kitteh

Last we left Mia, she was struggling through some bad behavior. She had peed twice outside the litter box. My yelling seemed to do the trick, as she made it to the litter box the next time. However, even after her return to the litter box, she managed to poo NOT IN THE LITTER BOX. Oh man, I was angry. I again treated her like a dog. There was a lot of yelling, and face smushing in (near...near! I'm not going to clean poop off my cat) the poop, and repeated times of putting her on the litter box. She'd also lost all bedroom privileges at that point. Bedroom privileges are like gold to her - it cuts out most of her window sills, and any view of the back yard, which is by far the most interesting yard too look at. It also cuts out her direct sunbeams for much of the day.

It seemed that this worked, since she resumed peeing in the litter box. She peed 4 times in fact. Four times, and not one poo, anywhere. In order to entice her into the bathroom I sprinkled some catnip into the litter box. I was nervous. This was going to be the game-decider. If she used the litter box, we were still on. If she didn't - I was calling it quits.

Last night, she decided to get back in line, and she used the bathroom appropriately. She was lavished with treats and praise. And we continue to practice Stage 1, hoping someday soon to move up in the world of Kitty Potty Training.

No comments: