Tuesday, August 29, 2006

i think she wanted to throw down

Picture it, Sunday, grey gloomy and cold. After spending all afternoon on the couch watching the movies Derailed and Crash I decided to go grocery shopping - even though I really wanted to shoot myself in the head, man those movies are awfully uplifting! In my jeans and sweatshirt I ran in for the essentials - soda, cereal, pasta, and some veggies for a salad. It was in the pasta aisle. There were two girls shopping there as well. One of them turned and gave me a really nasty look. Then she turned to her friend and said, rather rude and loudly "I wish some people would stop staring at me!"

Since I was the only other one there I assumed she was talking about me.

I wasn't quite sure how I should break it to her that I, in fact, was staring past her at the pasta so that I would know which box I was going to get when I reached around her, politely saying excuse me, and grabbed my groceries. I was tempted to slap her in the face as I reached for the Barilla - but I refrained. That was a good choice, because we ran into each other in a similar situation in front of the lettuce. However, it was she who was staring. In my head I definitely said "God, I wish people would keep staring at me and not at that crappy lettuce", but then I'd just seem crazy - talking to myself and all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious! You should have said it just to scare her so she can learn the lesson of not saying that kind of crap just in case she's dealing with a crazy person.

Anonymous said...

See the first three words of this entry for the Golden Girls reference. Yeah, I got it! TELL me you weren't thinking about Sophia and another story about Sicily.